Conference & Annual General Meeting
The MEA holds an Annual General Meeting and Conference annually, usually in November. Recent venues have included De Vere Wokefield Park, Royal Agricultural University, Badminton House, Greenwich Royal Naval College, Chatsworth House, the British Racing School at Newmarket and Burghley House.
MEA Annual Conference 2019
being held on Friday 29th November at The Cambridge Belfry, Double Tree Hilton Hotel.
Our theme for the day will be "Horses: Therapy or Addiction".
09.25 Chair’s welcome
- Dr Michael Turner, Medical Director of The International Concussion and Head Injury Research Foundation (ICHIRF) – “Concussed and Confused? What does the future hold for you.”
- Dr Pippa Bennett, Chief Medical Officer for the British Equestrian Federation - “Mental Health and Well Being in Athletes”
- Sharon Hunt – Olympic Equestrian, Accredited BE and BS coach & sports psychologist - "A Competitive Mindset - Riders' & Coaches' Prospective"
- Lizzie Bennett, 2018 British Para Vaulting Champion – “The View from Up Here”
12.45 MEA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2019
- Will Barker, Partner at Newmarket Equine Hospital, Specialist in Equine Surgery
- Elizabeth Beckerlegge, Founder of Riding for Rehab & Chair of Chartered Physiotherapists in Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy (CPTRH)
- Mr Michael Eames, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Gary Spence – Equestrian Fall classes
Annual General Meeting 2019
The Annual General Meeting of the Medical Equestrian Association will be held at 12.45 pm on Friday 29th November 2019, at a location to be confirmed.the Nottingham Belfry, Nottingham.
The Annual MEA Dinner will also take place at the Hotel in the evening after the conference to which all are very welcome. Having done some research into rooms at the hotel and having spoken to our contact at the hotel, it is actually cheaper to book the hotel room directly yourselves via their website.
Please remember that we welcome all at the conference – so if any members now anyone that would like to come please do forward the details or get them to get in touch with Gemma, firstname.lastname@example.org. Delegates don't to have a medical background although it may make the conference more interesting for them if they had a vague interest!
Please click here for the application form for the conference.